My idea of Solo-Travelling


Trekking in the Sayadri Range  (Maharastra)February 2015
 
Some times I think that what if I can go somewhere and only come back when I'm broke .
I, take cash with me while spending it my way (not luxuriously) & then say to myself if more of the  cash is required in something I love to do than ,I justify myself by by saying these words that I read somewhere---
 "you can always make money , but you can't  always make memories  "

My idea of travelling is Not :-

1.Good Luxurious hotel
2.Tourist Spots
3.Getting Indian Food
4.Definitely not Tour Packages .

My idea of travelling is cheap ,descent hotel , trekking which allows you to see the beauty of the place and give you a 1st hand experience of the country's culture,eating the local cuisine & if I run out of money I will depend on Oats that I always take from my home (enough to keep you in shape with enough requirements needed for your body) & I make my own Itinerary , which is not basically an itinerary as I like to make plans on the way , spontaneous  ...random . So throw you itinerary and go with the flow.If the country is situated near the ocean or sea ,I don't mind to explore deep inside a I got my Advance Scuba license that allows me anywhere in the Ocean to dive. Definitely for accommodation I would prefer for Tents to sleep under 5 million stars rather than a 5 star  hotel and if that not possible then preferably home-stay .If the period of my stay is a long one then I would love to volunteer for NGOs ,some of them provides lodging & fooding for free.

You know what, it totally depends upon you whether you spend INR7000/- for a week in a place or just half of it .Its totally upto your approach to travelling .Yes , sometimes you can give a treat to yourself to stay at a luxurious hotel after a tough trek or a diving course.

Its not about the Money its about the experience & I say if you go to a place , take more time, explore , "live " the place .

Don't just go there , hop all the tourist spots and get back home .

Try to change your approach towards Travelling .I say "live it"
Try to go solo , there is an addiction I swear you will love it !
If you are flexible --- you will enjoy it..


Check on
My Nepal Earthquake Experience & Solo travel to Havelock (Andamans & Nicobar Islands) Experience in my Blog







Comments

  1. You are the bright stars of the country. God bless you always. You are born to trigger a change in the mindset of the society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solo travelling is the only way to give time to our own.Sitting near by a river beneath of the mother nature where there is no sound pollution and away from all mechanic life can allow us to understand our self.Stay in a village where there is no artificiality of love desire are some way to know the people's who are heaving a big heart.Sometimes I feel that surroundings by colourful light there is no light in between us and sometimes there is no light (electricity) but their homes are full of light of love and Kindness.Only the solo travellers can understand these feelings.Keep moving as solo traveller.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts