“Self discovery: What I thought and what it came out to be?”



                                  “Walking through the woods
                                                 I’m stuck
                                      I’m undecided where to go.
                                      It is very dense & serene here,
                                      But a sense of tornado is revolving inside me.
                                       I have to choose my way out
                                      A path: to be cleared only by myself
                                      No one will help me here.
                                      I’m alone and will have to do all by myself
                                      A path that will make my future secure…


                                      …………..And I’m out for that search”!!!



**Dedicated to people who is in the struggling situation like me: we will sure have “our time”: just relax {apart from struggling} & enjoy this status of “Bekar India” a.k.a “Educated Unemployment”. (Wink Wink)**

The phase I’m going through is the real moment of my self-discovery and as I’m struggling with my life, I have come to realize practically that in a certain extent examination marks doesn’t count: all it count is how you present yourself for a particular job (I knew about it theoretically before & I used to say it to my friends thou but have practically sense it now.)

I knew people /friends of mine in school, college, university etc, who used to mug up study materials and then would pass out exams with good marks.  I  always thought: after all it’s important to be a good person .In university level I saw people getting first class specially in my subject of literature, some by hard work and some by licking their professors’ ass. I also came across some people who were hard working but didn’t deserve what they got. By the way I don’t know in which category I fell???? but,definitely not the ass licking one.

Sometimes I thought that what I wrote in the answer scripts was something “not usual”, although not so but I really wanted to interpret things in a different way even though I was not recognized for that (as they talk of “change” but was conservative by heart). I studied literature because I wanted to and loved because it was like an open sky: open for any kind of interpretation (although logical). What we learn & study should be applicable in our practical life and that is when it counts. I didn’t care about my marks because I didn’t want to become a lecturer. I was very casual then but I know now marks really count. I was not serious with my life until one person poked me that I really need a job otherwise what is the use of this qualification. 
 “That is true, but I really enjoyed doing my masters”; I said

Now after 1 year of my post grads I’m sitting idle, writing articles for reader’s visual enjoyment. One time I felt, just one time because I didn’t want to think about it again: that am I really worth of the marks that I got? Or maybe did I deserve more? Maybe I didn’t work hard to reach that level or was I underestimated? At that point of time I really doubted my confidence level, but only for that point. I didn’t let it overwhelmed me.

I experimented with different kind of interviews starting from lecturer’s job to sales & marketing but experiencing disappointment. Well I don’t call it disappointment but may be a kind opportunity for a better option. So I have switched my search for a few weeks to reading my old pending novels and have been posting my new write-ups. These periods is the golden period of our life, as one of my friend say: “a real moment of self-discovery”, because we are practically experimenting our skills with different kinds of avenues, we are discovering ourselves which was unknown to us …  Rather to be frustrated about or feeling depressed about, this “status” is to be enjoyed. Because after we get settled, we will get stuck in 9 to 5 job, busy schedule (although with lots of money in the bank), marriage, responsibility then blab bla bla.

Everything has its own time & I still believe Old Tirumala’s saying
                                           “Everything happens for your own good” (wink wink)


                                                                                 Moramee Das
         


Comments

  1. moi tu tuk olop solop help koru dekhun...but you are tooo good...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good worrk Momi,expressing frankness with ease an i loved that the best :-) Don't worry,something good is store ahead that's what i believe after personally going through so many setbacks but Faith can overcome mountains :-) Goodluck Dearie.......Keep Writing!!Pen is mightier then Sword :P:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. imran da u really did ...i dont deny that
    ............at this point of time many people have help me out ..and i will thank them personally one day.....................thank you once again..ronmi ...u r really a gem :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha ha....simple, spontaneous and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. m into 6 months of the BEKAAR status, sometimes it's frustrating but these past months have been really the time for self-discovery, now I am clearer about what I want out of my life... I can completely relate with your piece... nice one... keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts