"THE RING OF HAPPINESS"

“The ring of happiness”

During school days I use to pamper myself with little little gifts and one such gift was a ring…it was not just an ordinary ring …it was of those plastic: “purple plastic” in the shape of hand with a smiley on it. Although not very expensive but it was in fashion during those days. We all used to wear & flaunt it.

Now it was least important to me but still I preserved it.

Childhood were those carefree days but as we grow up tears become an inseparable part of our life, there are different reasons for it, but now we all know that without tears ,the presence of happiness is in-complete. Today after many years I wore that ring, although it was little rusted but still the purple plastic with the hand shape n the smiley ruled: faded.

I thought that I would wear it from today onwards to remind me everyday that: “I will always smile”. I wore it, and went to visit a public food hut .as I had to wash my hands I opened the ring and put it on the table thinking that I will take it after I finish.

When I returned home I realized that I have left the ring there. I was sad…very sad. I thought may be it indicated that smile has run away From me / my life or else I’m the one responsible for my sadness as well as happiness. The ring became the metaphor of my feelings. The feeling came now when I had lost it forever. Certain kind of thought revolved around my mind but at last I found the real one:

The purple hand signified that all the 5 fingers are not equal and so are people’s life,”kabhi khusi, kabhi gaam”.

And the ring that I lost maybe a beginning of a new era of happiness for the one who finds it….but basically being happy is in one’s own hand.

As I lost my ring I began to realize about its importance in my life and it had taught me a lesson. A lesson for life.

So folks : as an old saying goes-----”be happy with what you got, rather than beating the bush with what u don’t have” {I think it was like this}…

BE HAPPY J

Moramee Das

03RD SEPT 2011

Comments

Popular Posts